Monday 26 July 2010

They say when you have a drink...

 Many thanks to the tens of people reading this blog (and growing). It makes the time writing it worthwhile. Thank you.

They say when you have a drink; you can lose up to a thousand brain cells. I think I have one left... cheers!

This is certainly how I felt as I lay on a barely padded rack. I said as much to my chiropractor as he was gently detaching my head from the rest of my spine. I can never figure out if this process actually does some good... or if the body is just cowed into submission and does not have the courage to be in pain in case it gets a repeat of the treatment. Maybe it's the amount he relieves from my wallet which causes me to walk more upright. Who knows?

On the subject of frustration... can I be the only one who constantly feels Microsoft have lost the thread when it comes to searching for help? I wanted to have two screens one above the other for my laptop and an external screen which for space reasons (and because it reduced my neck strain see chiro above...). MS help says right mouse click on the desktop, open the personalize option, click display settings, drag the monitors  into the arrangement you want. Except there isn't space to have them one above the other or at least that how it appears to me. For the solution click the link below.

For a while I have been thinking that the Top Grear team have been going through the motions (literally and figuratively) rehashing old ideas and regurgitating them without additional polish or twists. So this week episode was a pleasant revival. Not so much new ideas, but much less tired. The repeat will be worth a watch or catch up on iPlayer (link below) .

At the end of this piece I’ll give you a link to an online magazine called the Daily Mash. For some reason it does not score highly on Google if you search on ‘satirical’ and ‘daily’. For each individual: the best satirical stuff is probably the stuff that is closest to the edge. The Daily Mash should score reasonably highly in as much as they can be so close to the edge that they probably go over it once per article. To give you a flavour a recent sports story was: Webber to start next race in a '98 Punto. Interesting to see what they write about Massa and Alonso...

The old journalistic catechism rings true: never let the truth get in the way of a good story! 

For instance, this previously unknown picture of Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev suggesting to Steve Jobs a good Russian solution to the iPhone4 aerial reception problems...



It's the right colour: black... plenty of space for the Apple logo... we can get it made in China for a song and sell it for may be 50 bucks.... it has rounded corners, it even does the job - sold!



Links:

The Daily Mash
Webber to start next race in a '98 Punto
They say when you have a drink joke origin
Vertical aligned monitors, Staff Agency software, Staff bank software, Nursing agency software
Top gear